Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gray's Anatomy

This is Wet n Wild FastDry Gray's Anatomy:
I guess this is named after the old textbook, not the TV series, since the spellings are different (the TV series is Grey's Anatomy) and also because this polish has been around a long time, although so has the TV series so I'm not sure it's that old. But anyway, this is a gray with shifty tendencies - similar to a lot of newer "oil slick" polishes but maybe somewhat more subtle. I found a comparison to Lippmann Wicked Game, if that helps you out any.

How old is it? I found a Scrangie post that's from very early 2011, so it may have been as early as 2010, actually. She talks about FastDry being a new line at that time, and as I discussed a week or so ago, this line seems to be discontinued now. But since it was around for some six or seven years, it's probably still findable at the usual Amazon/eBay-type places. Possibly it's slightly more expensive than it used to be (which was $1.99, I think) but probably still not as expensive as Wicked Game, I'm guessing.

(How old is Grey's Anatomy, the TV series? Apparently they are in season 14, which means they quite a bit older than the polish - but not nearly as old as the textbook, which dates back to 1858 and is on its 41st edition, according to Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment