Friday, October 24, 2014

Burt's Bees "grab bags"

Burt's Bees doesn't do any kind of monthly program, to my knowledge, but they do release seasonal gift bags that I've heard people talk a lot about, and a week or so ago, Nouveau Cheap put up a picture of the new holiday one, which is available here.

Exactly a week after that came out, I am in possession of both the holiday grab bag and the summer grab bag, which NC noted was still available, and still is as of when I'm writing this. Between the two bags, it's a lot of stuff, and I figured I could keep part of it and give the rest away as gifts - I have very young female relatives who I usually give small gifts to, so most of those lip balms and glosses are probably going to them!

They say you are not guaranteed to get the exact products, but I think the holiday bag I got has almost exactly what was in the picture on Nouveau Cheap. I think the only difference was the shampoo I got was baobab rather than pomegranate.



Both sets came in identical gift bags, just like in the picture here, made of something sheer that looked somewhat like organza but is much heavier-weight (so it should be reasonably sturdy), tied with yellow ribbon.

Here's what I got in the holiday bag
  • Very Volumizing Conditioner with pomegranate, 10 fl oz
  • More Moisture Super Hydratant Shampoo with baobab, same
  • Honey and Shea Conditioning Body Bar, 5 oz
  • Facial Cleansing Towelettes, pack of 10 (and we're going on vacation soon, so anything in travel packs will come in handy!)
  • two Cream Cleansers, sample size - 0.75 oz - with different formulas
  • Intense Hydration Day Lotion, sample size - 0.25 oz
  • Tinted Lip Balm in Sweet Violet, 4.25g (this one looks the most like "my color" so I may keep it)
  • Refreshing Lip Balm with pink grapefruit, 4.25g
  • 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Ocean Sunrise (paler pink) - 6g/0.2 oz on both of these
  • 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Rosy Dawn (deeper pink)
  • cute small makeup bag
(Most of these lip balms/glosses appear to be full-sized so I will probably quit giving the ounces every time before I get finished!)

The summer one was awfully close to what's shown, too:
  • güd Natural Body Lotion in Red Ruby Groovy (grapefruit & thyme), 8 fl oz  (Note that I had to copy this brand-name from the website because I never can remember how to make an umlaut with html!)
  • güd Natural Body Wash in Mango Moonbreeze (island mango & jasmine), 10 fl oz
  • güd Natural Cleansing Wipes, also in Red Ruby Groovy, package of 10
  • Radiance Lip Shimmer, 2.6g (0.09 oz) (which is not actually in the picture just above but in the top one, I had some stuff mixed up by the time I took the picture)
  • Tinted Lip Balms in Pink Blossom and Rose
  • Lip Gloss in Spring Splendor (another deeper shade)
  • another day lotion sample, identical to the one above
  • natural insect repellant which you can see in the picture but which I apparently didn't have when I was making this list, so I can't tell you the exact size
  • another makeup bag, with a different pattern and slightly different shape than the one above but made of the same jute-like material
I am quite happy with these - I'm going to make up gift bags for various female relatives, which I think they'll be happy with, and keep a few items for myself too. I think these are a very good value, but you do have to have a use for a rather large quantity of lip balms and glosses. I would never use up the lip products out of one of these bags on my own, let alone both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment