Thursday, November 15, 2012

Karina over black

I thought I had a picture of my latest manicure, which I really like, but so far, no dice. That is, the picture does exist, but it's on my phone and so far I have had no luck getting it onto this computer. Anyway, the more I look at it, the more I think you can't really see the awesomeness of it from the picture anyhow, so you will just have to use your imagination.

What I ended up with was this:
1. base coat (SH Salon)
2. black - Starry Night, Sonia Kashuk
3. and 4. Zoya Karina - red foil/microglitter, similar in finish to the Surf collection from last summer
5. and 6. Zoya Chloe

I didn't know what I was going to put over it when I started with the black. I think I had some vague idea about glitter. But then I pulled out Karina, and it really looks great over the black. Even with two coats of Karina, enough of the black shows through to give it a little bit of a vamp/goth kind of vibe. Then I put two coats of Chloe on top of that, and furthermore it was my OLD bottle of Chloe, which is getting quite empty, and apparently a lot of flecks had sifted down to the bottom, because it's a very glitzy two coats. And it looks great.

Oh, look, there's a picture after all:
(Ugh, I did kind of a crappy job of cleanup. And really it's prettier than this - the red is not very true. It's darker than it appears here, but you can get a general idea, at least. You can certainly see Chloe here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment