Sunday, November 18, 2012

Indecision

The Karina manicure was chipping, and also I broke a nail yesterday and then chopped the rest of them shorter to match. I stretched it out and left it on until I got off work tonight, but that manicure is gone now and I'm waiting for Nail Nutrition to dry a little more on my otherwise all-cleaned-up nails. However, I have no idea what I'm putting on after the base coat. (Nail Nutrition says on the bottle that you can use it as a base coat, but it's a pretty crappy basecoat. I use it because I like the way it makes my nails feel, but I put regular basecoat on top of it.)

I'm thinking that it's Thanksgiving week, after all, and after this I'll probably go into holiday mode and start doing bright colors and glitter and such, so that makes me think I should do something autumnal, one more time, at least. I pulled out some stuff from my Zoya boxes: Jem, which is a nice fallish burgundy, and Kaufda, which is copper. I have no reason to think those things would look good together, but experimenting seems to be what I'm all about these days, so we may find out about both of them together. But possibly not until in the morning. I've had an Ambien and I'm getting too sleepy to type, much less paint my nails.

IN THE MORNING: the answer was Jem and then Chloe. I wasn't feeling experimental enough to add Kaufda to the mix.

ADDED: (since it's more on the same subject) the barista at the coffee shop (The One That's Not Starbucks, as I like to call it) had me show her my nails earlier, and was very complimentary. Multiple coats of Chloe over dark colors really shows up well, which may mean I'll continue to use it a lot over the holidays. Last winter I was putting Disco Ball or my old bottle of Trailer Trash over everything, and Chloe gives a similar glimmery effect but is a whole lot easier to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment