Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What the Nail!?! Tag

They call this a tag, I would call it a meme, but I suspect it's the same thing either way. This came from a video, but I don't do videos so here is my texty version. (I did this in the middle of the night the other night, more or less, and then left it in draft mode and forgot about it for several days. So, y'know, the answers may be heavily colored by that whole "middle of the night" thing.)

(Holly's video is here, and she got it from Zenorah, whose video is here.)

Questions!
1. You are stranded on an island, you have all the necessary tools such as remover, etc... What polish do you have? I tend to get a bit crabby (crabby, desert island, get it?) about questions like this. I suspect if I was actually stranded on an island that I would not care about nail polish much. (Also, I lived on an island for 20 years. I can tell you that even though it was a big island, the very thought of not being able to get off makes me crazy.) But if I did... well, is a top coat allowed, also? I guess I would go with dark-pinks-plus-Chloe like I wore all summer. That seems island-appropriate enough. 

2. What is your least favorite polish? In my personal collection right now, I'd probably go with OPI Decades of Shades, which I mentioned a couple of entries back. Other people seem to like it but it just does not suit me in the least. I also have some Hard Candy pastels which don't seem to work on me.

3. Which polish best reflects your personality? I suspect that the kind of thing that I wear often - things that are not radically different but have some oomph to them, like glitters or Fleck Effects or layerings. I figure this reflects that I am a middle-aged woman who is not as stodgy as people tend to assume! (The assumptions that people make are another thing that makes me crabby. What can I say.)

4. Which polish could you wear all year round, to every occasion? I love reds, and deep pinks - I could probably deal with one of those year-round if it was necessary. (If I had to pick one, maybe OPI An Affair in Red Square. Or Peru-B-Ruby. Or hmm, any of several Zoyas.)

5. What is your favorite polish for your toes? Don't usually do my toes, because I don't wear open-toed shoes. I expend all my effort on my fingernails. But if I did them, it would probably be something bright.

6. What color makes you happy? I called this blog Delicious Color for a reason. I like color - which makes me tempted to answer "all of them" - there's no one color that I'm especially especially drawn to. If you ask me what my favorite color is, it tends to vary. I love purple, I love green, I love blue, and as I've already said, I love red and pink. I don't wear yellow (and only rarely wear orange) because it doesn't look good on me, but I like it on other people.

7. What is the most unique polish you own? I haven't gotten into indie polishes so far, so I'm not sure I have anything all that unique. I have some crazy glitters, but so does practically everybody nowadays.

8. Which nail trend do you like best?
a) bright neons - like them, but not so much for myself
b) soft pastels - not really my thing
c) sultry darks - this one, I guess
d) classy nudes - again, not so much my thing

9. What is the oldest polish you own? Not sure. The first polish I ever remember buying was a Revlon bright pink, but it's long (long, long) gone. I have some Jet Sets that are pretty old. 

10. Which nail polish has the cutest name of all? - I do enjoy OPI and their "cute" names but I can't think of one I especially love. (Late edit to add: maybe Warm and Fozzie.)

11. What is your favorite brand of polish? That has to be Zoya. Has great colors and great formulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment