Saturday, November 24, 2012

Too early for tinsel

I put base coat on my nails yesterday before work, and then I got busy and almost forgot to put polish on. I finally slapped on a couple of coats of Let Me Go (which is Sinful Colors - a mother-of-pearl-ish duochrome) - although it's very sheer, it was enough to feel like my nails weren't naked. Let Me Go is a very odd color - I think I first heard of it through Holly so let me just link to her post about it. I don't think she says how many coats she had on in those pictures, but I think it must be a lot - I wore two coats to work yesterday and it was still much sheerer than that, so she must be wearing at least four, I think.

When I got home, I pulled out a set of Orly minis out that I've never remembered to use much, and put Tiara on top of Let Me Go - it seemed like it would coordinate. But my god, it's so very shiny - it should be called Tinsel, that's what it looked like. Maybe right before Christmas I would like it, but not now, it just drove me crazy. So I kept going. I thought of jelly sandwiches, and started to put Paloma over it, but then I finally went with Kaufda, the copper that I didn't put on the other day. And it looks really good. I suspect that the tinsel underneath livened it up a bit, but I haven't used it on its own enough to be sure. I like the final result, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment