Thursday, September 19, 2013

Purple nail wheel

This is the most neutral part of the purples - not predominantly either blue-violet or red-violet. (I may not have that many blues, but I have a ton of purples.)
(List and more pictures after the jump)
  1. Quick Jeanius
  2. Royal Invite
  3. Nightlife
  4. Orbit (1 coat of base, glitter on tip)
  5. Vinyl
  6. Plum It
  7. Who Are You Wearing?
  8. Empty Stocking
  9. Purple Potion (SH Xtreme Wear)
  10. Amethyst
  11. Mira
  12. Celebutante
  13. I Don't Bite
  14. Purple Haze
  15. Winterberry
  16. Harmonie
  17. Eternal Beauty (1 coat)
  18. Lotus
  19. No More Waity, Katie
  20. Lillibet's Jubilee (1 coat)
I think that if these are supposed to be the neutral ones, there are a couple here that don't belong. I really thought that Quick Jeanius would be far too blue for this wheel, because it looks blue in the bottle, but actually it looks right at home. The one that's really more blue than I realized is OPI Who Are You Wearing? - #7. And Purple Potion (9), especially, is too red-violet, and should be on the next wheel. (There IS a Purple Potion on the next wheel, in fact, but it's a completely different polish.) #3 and #5, Nightlife and Vinyl also seem to have more red-violet bases to them, although it's almost impossible to tell after you get a couple of coats on, with the dark ones.

Nothing here has black undercoats and such like I've been doing on other wheels. I did sort of layer the coats, especially on the dark ones, where you could see what just one coat looked like, because in a lot of cases it lets you see what the base color is.

Here's 1 through 3:

4 through 7:
I don't know how well you can see the glitter - I put some on just the tip of #4. The glitter part of the bottle is almost empty.

8 through 10:

11 through 14 (but out of order: RBL is 14, Sephora 13, Ulta 12 & Zoya Mira 11)

15-18, also out of order - 15 & 16 on the bottom, 17 & 18 on the top:

And the two BLs are 19 and 20. Don't let No More Waity Katie fool you into thinking it's gray just because it looks like it here, though. It has a very definite purple cast to it.

Today's mani is from nail wheel 3: Hard Candy Crush on Lava. It's beautiful. Very much in Bad Fairy sort of territory, although I don't think it's anywhere near being a dupe to that.

And the next wheel after this is more purples, but shading more into red-violets. 

2 comments:

  1. I would have thought blue for Quick Jeanius, too (I have it, just haven't tried it yet).

    The layering the coats like you're doing is a good idea. Wish I'd thought of it before I started in on my wheels. :)

    I also wish I'd bought way more wheels at first--my source (Transdesign) seems to have downgraded their quality and the new wheels I've gotten from them are more bendy than the original batch I got. It bothers the OCD part of me that they don't all match. But I don't need to take over your comments section with my neuroses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing Quick Jeanius now, and it does look pretty much navy-blue on (you may have seen me talking on Twitter about this last night!) - but I do think it has some purple in there somewhere, too. I see it off & on.

      The wheels I'm buying from Hong Kong for next-to-nothing aren't perfect quality, but they're fine, and it's not like I'm using them for anything but to test colors out on, really. They have occasional imperfections at the tips, is all. (I haven't bought anything from Transdesign so far, but that's the first bad word I've ever heard anybody say about them. Mostly everybody seems to love them.)

      (Also, take over my comments section all you like, there's nobody talking here but you and me!)

      Delete