Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stash: red-violets, part 2

Here's part 2 of the red-violets, trending more toward the red/pink end now (but still not really there):

This picture is a bit fuzzy, but you can still see the colors just fine, and that's really the point of the thing. So rather than wait for another sunny day to retake it, I'm just going with it. Sunny days have been fairly hard to come by lately; we've been in a rainy cycle.
Top row: Sephora by OPI G-listen To Your Heart, Sinful Colors Fig, Studio M Purple Medalion, China Glaze Put A Bow On It
Second row: WnW FastDry Dancer Is The Best Reindeer, essence Break Through, Wild Shine Deception, unlabeled mini, Revlon Plum Attraction
Third row: Rimmel Cocktail Colour Baby Bellini, Lynnderella Orchid Of The Year, Zoya Keiko, Xtreme Wear Posh Plum, and then the wand one is Nail Art Neons in Ultra Violet
Bottom row: S-OPI Domestic Goddess, Julie G Crushed Candy (texture), Zoya Perrie, OPI Morning Moneypenny (Skyfall magnetic)

Somewhat geeky side-note: I mentioned capitalization questions in the last entry; specifically, that I have started trying to capitalize brand-names the way the brand wants you to. (At least most of the time; I'm not promising to be entirely consistent about it!) This comes up with piCture pOlish, of course, but also with a couple of brands that use all-lower case like e.l.f. and essence. For the polishes themselves, I have started going with what seems to be the standard for polish names in the blog world, and capitalizing Every Single Word. It took me a while to come around to this because it kind of hurts the librarian/English-major part of my heart, which badly wants to capitalize only nouns and verbs and adjectives and such, but not certainly not prepositions or articles. But I have come around to it - for this purpose only, of course. Thus "Put A Bow On It" is a polish, whereas if it was a title I would capitalize fewer words.

I didn't put Dancer Is The Best Reindeer and Purple Medallion next to each other in the pic, and actually they look a little bit different here, but comparing them in the bottles right now, they look awfully similar. I might have to swatch them & compare, if I can remember to. They're both packed glitters with a lot of multicolor sparkle, at the very least.

As far as untrieds here, I don't think there are any at all - I've even worn Purple Medallion, which I've had for less than a month. Possibly the unlabeled mini, but I think I've even worn that once or twice. I can tell you that I actively dislike the nail art wand (there's a rant about that here around a year ago, as I recall), and I haven't worn Perrie on its own more than once or twice because I think it's a bit pale for me and just doesn't work with my skin tone. (I do keep wearing it as a base for other stuff, I've noticed.) But all of these slightly-darker red-violets are great. Honestly, it looks like I've kind of bought the same color over and over, doesn't it? Lots of really similar R-V cremes here.

I have one more red-violet(ish) post, and that's the dark ones that verge over into reds, the wine-colors. After that I think I'm almost done with this round of the Neverending Stash Project. I have maybe a couple more posts after that - black/white/gray, and then probably multicolor glitters and some other miscellaneous leftovers. This may be the last time I try for pictures of the entire stash, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment