Saturday, November 29, 2014

Carter with topcoat

Yesterday I showed Carter with no top coat; now today here it is with top coat:
Once again, this is bluer than it really looks - although not by a huge amount, this time. (Also no lobster hands today - I need to figure out what I did right today!) Actually this is two coats of top coat - one of Gelous and one of Seche Vite. I'm not sure that was really necessary but I was experimenting. It certainly looks very pretty and shiny. Also there was some edge-wear by the end of the day yesterday, so you can see that I was able to patch it up really well. What I did for this was, I cleaned most of the polish off the brush in the Carter bottle, and just ran the brush along the free edge of the nails, making sure I filled in where it needed it. On a couple of nails where the finish seemed marred a bit, I added another really light coat on top, and let it dry, of course, before I went on to the top coats. Most Pixie Dusts and most textures in general will let you do this, I've found, and it usually ends up looking more or less seamless.

No comments:

Post a Comment