Monday, May 13, 2019

Scents

Cologne? Perfume? this is about the scents that you wear on your body, in any case.

I'm super-picky about scents. If I'm wearing perfume, I like something very, very light. My sister gave me a bottle of Givenchy perfume a few years ago when she was working at Neiman's, and that's basically all I've been wearing for the past two or three years. (Apparently I got it for Christmas 2015, so it lasted for three years.) But it's finally empty, so I'm going to have to find something else.
This is EauDemoiselle, and I've poked around and I can't really find this exact perfume any more. If you pay any attention to perfume, there's this trend lately where all the perfumes have different versions, and that's what seems to have happened to this one - I see versions on Sephora's website called "Angelic" and "Extravagant" which come in similar-looking black bottles (but are considerably more expensive than what I remember thinking this was). So I'm probably going need to find something else, because I don't think I'm willing to pay $150 for more of this, even if it turned out that I like these new versions.

(I've poked around some more and I see some "tester" bottles - which is probably what this one was, too, I've guessed - for pretty reasonable prices on eBay. Am I willing to do the eBay crapshoot? I'm going to have to think about that. The seller does have a good rating, and it might be less of a crapshoot than trying something new, actually. When I buy something I'm sure I'll show it here!)


Meanwhile, there's my husband. Rob didn't always care much about cologne but over time he's gotten where he wears it. Last year I bought him a bottle of John Varvatos stuff, and he used that up a while ago and since then he's been using some of those rollerballs and other samples that I had. He used that little Black Orchid rollerball I talked about a while back, and then I had an old Nirvana Black one that I never remember to use, too - Rob doesn't seem to care whether it's men's or women's as long as it doesn't smell too super-floral or sweet. Our anniversary is in May and so I got him a bottle of D&G Light Blue, because I knew it was something he had had before and liked, while the Sephora VIB sale was going on. We'll see how long this one lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment