Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Stash: neutral purples

I dumped all of my purples out on the bed, and sorted into a spectrum by what leaned red and what leaned blue, and these are the ones that were in the center. That's not to say they're entirely neutral, truly, but they seemed the most neutral, anyway.

  • Essence Snow White Evil Queen (that is, there was a Snow White polish line and Evil Queen is the name of this polish)
  • Orchid Island Couture, which desperately needed shaking up a little
  • Ulta Celebutante
  • Colorstay Amethyst
  • Zoya Daul (which I think actually has a red-violet base but doesn't read that way)
  • Zoya Savita, from the Matte Velvet collection
  • Zoya Suri
  • WnW Fastdry Buffy the Violet Slayer (here's a gratuitous Buffy/Angel gifset to go with it)
  • Xtreme Wear Purple Potion
  • Nfu Oh 51 (which is more neutral or more red-violet depending on the light, and I didn't really know where to put it, quite frankly)
  • Julie G Holiday Gumdrops Sugar Plum Fairy
  • Lippmann Let's Go Crazy
  • Sinful Colors I Love You
  • (upside-down) China Glaze Rendezvous With You
  • Sinful Colors Winterberry
I really think some of that bottom row could and maybe should have gone in the blue-violet/gray-violet post from yesterday - especially Sugar Plum Fairy (more blue) and Rendezvous With You and Winterberry (both more gray). But oh well. And Nfu Oh 51 is just wacky. I think maybe it has a more neutral purple base and the flakes are more red, but honestly, I'm not completely sure I'm right about that, and I don't have the energy to look it up right now.

Anyway, there are some awesome polishes here. Two words: EVIL QUEEN. Plus the Lippmann and Oh 51 and the matte velvet - and I also adore both of those Sinful Colors on the bottom row, as it happens. (You can't tell it, but I Love You is actually pretty close to getting empty.)

Next up: red-violet.


No comments:

Post a Comment