Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stash: Pale-to-medium pinks

To recap in case you weren't following along last week, I posted several stash pictures. I was rearranging my pinks, reds, and oranges all into one big box, and in the process I took pictures. Last week, I showed off reds, near-reds, and violet-leaning pinks, now we have the lighter ones here. It will undoubtedly be immediately obvious that I am not a big fan of very-pale pinks, because most of these are not in fact very pale at all. Only the bottom two rows are really what I would categorize as "very pale" and even a couple of those are iffy.
Top row: essence colour & go Ultimate Pink, Polished by KPT Naughty and Nice, piCture pOlish flirt, Zoya Lara, Essie Status Symbol (upside down), Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro English Rose
Middle row: Dollish Redrum, L'Oreal Departure, OPI Japanese Tea Garden, Nostalgic Girls On Film, Zoya Shelby
Bottom row: OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie, unlabeled pink glitter 1, unlabeled OPI (I think Bubble Bath?), unlabeled pink glitter 2, Revlon Parfumerie Pink Pineapple

The very-pale ones are mostly either really old (the two full-size OPIs, the L'Oreal) or came in a set (all of the minis, & the Parfumerie also). The exceptions are the Nostalgic - I think I just liked the name, because I don't normally do those creamy confetti polishes - and Shelby. Mostly I think they just don't look good on me, and I'm not sure why. I do know that I used to wear these two OPIs layered - I thought I liked that better than either alone. The only untrieds here are the 3 minis on the bottom row, plus the Parfumerie and I think Girls On Film.

I talked about Naughty and Nice not long ago - it's a thermal, and its "warm" color is paler than the bottle color. Of these medium pinks my favorites are probably Status Symbol and Redrum (which as I have speculated before, is probably meant to be a blood-color, but comes out more like a slightly-rusty rose color instead.) Flirt is almost a one-coater, which is great, but I've had chipping issues, so not so great overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment