Wednesday, March 12, 2014

NOTDs

As I've already said on Twitter, this picture shows visible glitter on my cuticles all too well in a couple of places, and it makes me cringe, a bit. I'm posting it anyway because it's the only one I have, and at least it's in focus!
This is Ice Hotel in Hell, the Liquid Lacquer I showed the other day, and I put it over a base of Essie Crocadilly (which is, as the name implies, a crocodile green). I was hoping it would stay a bit more green than this, but actually the only way you can tell the green is there is a couple of places where it peeks out at the bottom. However, I do think doing that made it a bit darker and less cyan-blue than it would've been otherwise.

It also looks bumpy in this picture, especially if you blow it up, and I pretty much got this worked out by the time I got done, so I'm assuming either I took this picture before (or in the middle of) the several coats of topcoat I ended up putting on, or somehow it's just showing up as bumpy - because in person it didn't look that way.

Now I have on ModLacquer Goblin, which seems surprisingly similar to Zoya Irene. They're not dupes - the underlying color of Irene is paler and more yellow, and the shimmer in Goblin is more obvious. But on the hands, they look pretty much alike.

....aaaaand I messed up the Goblin mani, and rather than do it over again, I decided to go with something else - that ended up being Dollish Walker Bait. I kept thinking it looked sort of gray rather than green the last time I wore it, but now I'm not sure why I thought that. It's a dark-green holo - it is sort of a grayed-out green, a little bit, but only a very little. I like it, and I'm glad I didn't sell it on eBay as I was threatening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment