Saturday, March 22, 2014

In Target

I hadn't been in Target in ages, so I have things to talk about. Here's an end-cap, to start the discussion with:
For anybody local, or local enough to know what I'm talking about, at least, this is the SuperTarget that's across the street from Baybrook Mall (which, for the rest of you, is a really large mall and surrounding area of retail stores in the southeast Houston suburbs, a few miles from the Johnson Space Center). I started to crop the aisles out of the picture, and then I decided to leave them so you could see a bit of the cosmetic area. Anyway, what we're looking at here on the endcap is some Sonia Kashuk products that are entirely new to me, and I'm sort of wishing I'd taken some close-up pictures, but the cash registers were right behind me and I was afraid if I made it too obvious that I was taking pictures they'd tell me to stop. But I guess it's basically this stuff: the bath & body line. I am always a fan of pretty packaging, so I gravitated right to it.

One reason I decided to go in Target was that they've been talking about some Target makeup sections being remodeled over on Nouveau Cheap, and I was curious, I wanted to see if that had happened yet. But no, apparently not. They don't seem to have anything much on clearance yet, either, although I did buy a couple of polishes - a Sonia Kashuk and a Sinful Color - that were on clearance. But there was certainly no general makeup clearance sale going on.

I really only pay great attention to makeup sections on the rare occasions that I need something, except for the nail polish, but I do know (because they did have nail polish!) that the Pixi section was there the last time I was in a Target - I go in this Target and also another one further down the freeway occasionally, and the one in Galveston very occasionally, too, and I really can't be sure which one I was in last! But anyway, I did notice this time that they had full sections of Nyx now (but with no nail polish), Rimmel (also with no nail polish), and e.l.f. (ditto with the nail polish, what's up with that?). A few years ago they didn't have any of those, and honestly I can't be sure when they got what, because as I said, it's not something I pay attention to consistently. But I'm pretty sure the e.l.f. section at least is new, and I think the Rimmel and Nyx sections have at least been moved to a more prominent place. Which I think says something about what's popular with people who do buy a lot of makeup. Anyway, Target and Walmart are the first places I know of to get more or less full lines of e.l.f. around here, all I've seen is scattered bits of stuff in some CVS stores, previously. (And Walmart had theirs on a freestanding display, like maybe they were testing it.) So I guess I'll be watching to see what happens, there.

No comments:

Post a Comment