Sunday, October 1, 2017

Shake Your Money Maker

This is Deborah Lippmann Shake Your Money Maker, one of their famous glitters:
It's green and gold, or maybe more like teal and gold, in a sheer base that seems to be black. I can't say I've ever worn this much, but I can't make myself get rid of it, either. It doesn't seem to be a current color.

I believe this is the original version of the song in the title, by Elmore James - it seems to have written around the time I was born (fifty-odd years ago):
I think the phrase is probably more famous than the song, really, although it's a song that has been covered a lot and probably still is. It's also the name of the Black Crowes' first album, but the song is not on that album, oddly enough. (Wikipedia says they have performed it often on tour, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment