Monday, October 23, 2017

Princess Penny (+ orange polish & baseball)

This is KL Polish Princess Penny. I forget what Kathleen said it was named after... something involving Mary-Kate and Ashley? Again, I'm totally the wrong age.
Anyway, this is a really pretty bright copper-penny color, and I'm dying to try it. I don't think it will pass for Astros orange, though, and oh yeah, THE ASTROS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!! (Sorry, I can only resist for so long.) So I'm sworn to wear bright orange, or something that can pass for bright orange, until at least this weekend. (If the Astros sweep the Dodgers, it'll be over Saturday. Or, uh, y'know, the other way around, I suppose. I'm not that ready to stop wearing orange, thanks. Either way it goes until November 1 at the longest.)

Right now I'm wearing sort of a gumbo of oranges - I keep adding more stuff. I started with Nani, added a flakie top-coat, and then yesterday added Jade VIP, which is orange microglitter. Then it was chipping last night so I added Revlon Fall Mood (which is an old Colorstay polish) which isn't properly orange either but I sort of dry-brushed it around on top of the existing mani so that it covered up the chipped parts but it still reads as orange. If I'd thought of it in time I guess I could have done that with Princess Penny instead, but oh well. Anyway, I'll do something new tomorrow or Tuesday, I'm sure. I've still got a couple of orange things I haven't used, so we'll see what I can come up with.

Back to Princess Penny: it's available here, or in the box set - I got an e-mail saying the box set was nearly sold out though. (I don't know why they're telling me, actually - it's not like I'm going to go buy another one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment