Wednesday, October 4, 2017

HB Beauty Bar purchases

I didn't spend a huge amount of money at HB Beauty Bar, but I ended up with four polishes, a base-coat, and one makeup item. In my mind that's not quite enough to make it a "haul" - and I kind of hate that term anyway. (Despite which I'm known to use it from time to time).

I actually ordered five polishes, but one was out of stock and they gave me a refund - that was Essie Flowerista, which I can't really mourn because I have so many red-violets already. Everybody always raves about Flowerista, so I don't know, maybe there's something different about it. But I'm not going to find out the answer to that right now.

I've been wanting to try out Cuccio, which is a European brand (not sure, but I'm guessing Italian, from the name) - and after that, I wanted to hit the free shipping limit so I went through and looked for interesting polishes I didn't already have from other brands.
So what I ended up with was two Cuccios (the one in the box is base coat), plus stray polishes from Orly, OPI, and China Glaze, and then the L.A.Girl ProConcealer. I've already tried the concealer and I really like it - it's peach-colored and it seems to be the best color I've tried for my undereye problems. And so far it wears really well.

Here's just the polishes - the Cuccio base-coat and then Alien Nation, which I really like (autumn hasn't even started here yet and I've already broken my vow not to buy any more browns, though). The other three are all from collections that released in 2016, I believe. The Orly is Feel The Funk; it's from the Melrose collection last year but if anything, it reminds me of a pale-raspberry version of Sparkling Garbage - which undoubtedly means I'll end up matteing it down like I did with SpG. The one OPI here is Show Us Your Tips! from the New Orleans collection. It's basically a cornflower top-coat, full of sparkly stuff. (I intended to buy this one last year and never got around to it.) And then China Glaze Teen Spirit, from last year's Rebel collection - inky, but with a ton of shifty shimmer in there.

As I look at the website right now, HB Beauty Bar has 20% off everything. I believe I got that same deal with a different code a couple of weeks ago when I ordered - but since this is the first time I've ordered from them, I don't know if that's typical. There's also a 15% off coupon if you sign up for their e-mail list, but as far as I could tell you can only use one coupon, so you have to do one or the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment