Thursday, October 26, 2017

Moisturizer and blush from Walgreens

A couple of things I bought at Walgreens the other day:
I'd never heard of this stuff - or I looked at it and my eyes just skipped right over it, I suppose is more likely. But my dermatologist recommended CeraVe Itch Relief and I bought that a while back, and it does seem to work well, so I guess my brain started picking up that brand-name a little bit - I still wasn't thinking of it as something you put on your face, though. But then Rank & Style had this product as #1 on their list of moisturizers for sensitive skin, and that was what made me really notice it. I maybe paid a bit more for it at Walgreens than I would have somewhere else, but I was so floored - it's SIXTEEN OUNCES. Every other moisturizer I've bought has been maybe six or eight ounces at the most, and a lot of them (Origins! La Fresh!) are 1.7 ounces. Which is why I found 16 ounces to be such a shock, and went running out to buy it right away. I figured if I didn't like it on my face I can always use it for a body lotion! But I do like it, it turns out.

Now I have to say that this doesn't really have a consistency like the Origins and La Fresh moisturizers I've had. I thought at first it felt like a night cream, compared to those two which are extremely light-feeling. But it seems to sink in just fine so I don't really see why you can't wear it in the daytime as well. Some of that is just personal preference, of course, so YMMV and all that.


And then Walgreen's had CoverGirl stuff x% off (I've already forgotten how much exactly) and my eye was caught by this:
Apparently this color is Deep Mauve. It's definitely darker than the MAC blush I've been wearing (which is really a little too pale, honestly) but it doesn't seem excessively dark, either. If I end up using this I will probably have to be careful to put it on lightly, but it's a beautiful color. I'll get back to you about how I end up liking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment