Monday, October 2, 2017

NOTD: Just Breathe

Well, first of all, here's the earworm that I get from this name:
Which is quite a welcome earworm - although honestly, at this point, almost anything that stops the non-stop loop of "Despacito" that's been going on in my head is very welcome. But this is a song I've always liked. (Not that I dislike "Despacito," really, either, I just want it out of my head for a while, thanks.)

Yeah, so anyway, I liked the idea of breathable polishes - it just sounds healthier, y'know? But I hadn't tried the Orly Breathable polishes because they're kind of expensive, until I was poking around at Walgreen's a couple of days ago and it turned out they had some colors marked down to $4-something. Then I got to the counter and they actually rang up for $2-something instead, which is awesome and makes me tempted to go back and pick out another color or two.

So the color I bought is (take a wild guess!) Just Breathe:

Since it's breathable - meaning, your nails can take in oxygen right through the polish - you don't wear a base-coat or a top-coat. It went on very watery on the first coat but deepened up nicely on the second. It's still not really opaque - a third coat might do it - but I figured since this was the intent I'd try it out. I expected it to be chipping within 5 minutes but it's holding up decently well, really, and I like this slightly-dusty purple color.
I honestly can't see wanting to wear this all the time, but for giving your nails a break (or if you want to be halal) this is a nice option. I know of at least one other brand with a breathable formula (Inglot) but this is the first one to be widely available, I believe.

(Wear update at the 3-day mark: better than I expected. There's some noticeable wear, but it's not bad, and after 3 days, that happens to me a lot, even if I'm wearing conventional polish plus base-coat and top-coat like I normally do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment