Saturday, October 14, 2017

NOTD: Destiny layers

So I was talking about doing some kind of Astros manicure - their colors are orange and navy. (If you think that sounds loud, try their "rainbow" uniforms.*) I toyed with the idea of doing some sort of orange & blue nail art, but I had pulled Zoya Destiny - which is a Pixie Dust - out of a box earlier in the week and I got inspired by that. It's sort of a bright coral - it reads as orange, mostly, but it's got definite pink leanings in there somewhere too, which makes it better for me. So I decided I would do some sort of layering thing with that. Something like Nani on top of Destiny, is what I was thinking, but then when I tried it Nani was too opaque and covered up the Pixie Dust sparkle too well. Luckily I had pulled out a bunch of fall colors this week and so I had OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear handy (from the Texas collection, naturally) and it's a "sorbet" so it was perfect for this.
This is Superfood basecoat, two fairly light coats of Destiny - I just wanted it opaque - and then I think just one coat of the OPI and a coat of Gelous - and then I woke up this morning and decided it wasn't shiny enough and added a coat of Seche Vite. This picture is a little washed-out, it's actually nice and bright.

(And the Astros won, so woo! They play again this afternoon and then go to NYC for more.)


* That is Ron Paul in that picture, yes. He was not secretly a pro baseball player, but before he became (relatively) famous, he was a local congressman for years and years. His district was suburban Houston, so he is wearing that uniform for a reason. (The rainbow jersey is still very popular, actually. Watch one of the playoff games in Houston and you'll undoubtedly see some people wearing them. Not many people go whole hog with the stirrups and all, though.) (Added: it looks like the picture that I linked to is gone, so if this doesn't make any sense to you, that's why!)


No comments:

Post a Comment