Monday, October 9, 2017

KL Polish 70s Vibes (+ stash, now doubled)

I bragged to my husband because I had only bought one polish out of the OPI fall collection. "I never buy whole collections," I said. Then - I think it was later the very same day - I looked at the KL Polish fall collection and (take a guess!) I bought the whole thing.

I had taken a picture of the six KL polishes in my stash, but now my stash for this brand is doubled. This collection comes in a cute box and everything (although I didn't get a decent picture of the box so far, you can see it here):
Left to right, the colors are Princess Penny, Cozy In There?, Mozart, Prince Cornelious, Wishbone, and Chloe. I'll put Kathleen's video at the bottom; for one thing, she goes through the origin of the names. I do have to mention that Cozy In There? is a Walking Dead reference that I actually understand. I quit watching after, like, season 2 but that's actually a reference from very early on, where Rick is stuck in the tank and Glenn is talking to him. I guess it's practically the first thing Glenn says, right? (I believe this is the 3rd Walking-Dead-themed polish I have - the other two are Dollish, Walker Bait and Look At The Flowers, Lizzie. Which seems excessive for a show I quit watching years ago, but oh well.)

In fact the one Dollish set of minis is the only time I've ever bought an entire collection in one shot, until now. I think there are some Zoya sets of six that I've accumulated all of over the years, but I never make any effort to be completist. That's just not me, generally.

So I wasn't intending to buy this whole set, really I wasn't. But there was the metallic! And... the other metallic! and that dusty blue! and the drab green! The neutral one (Wishbone) and the purple one (Mozart) were the two I might have skipped, but then I realized that Wishbone was actually a sort of a bone-color, a gray, and I don't think I have anything remotely like that, and by the time I got to Mozart, I was like, well, if I'm getting five I might as well get all of them, since there's a price break on the set. And it turns out I like Mozart more than I thought from the pictures, too - it's dustier and a bit darker than it looks in the bottle, I think. I thought it was a dupe for things I already had, but it doesn't seem to be.

There's a whole set of swatches, of course, which I'll post later, and I'll put the wheel picture at the bottom, but let's finish the stash since we've already got half of it here anyway. Here's the older half:
This is in release order. L-R, this is Zoey (the only polish I bought from the original set of six), then Das Esspensive XXV (which was LE), then That's What She Said (from the spring collection) and then three from the summer collection, Ocean Drive, Porter Miami, and Magic City. There's no question of a favorite here, it's Das Esspensive. Prince Cornelious might give it a run for its money, but surpass it? I doubt it.





Kathleen's video:

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Is there any way I can purchase Das Esspensive XXV off of you??

    ReplyDelete