Monday, September 19, 2016

Nuke The Fridge, Walker Bait

This is Pretty Serious Nuke The Fridge and Dollish Walker Bait:
I'm bound to have taken pictures of the bottles and swatches from my usual angle - like the one below - but I can't find them and when I found the wheel and went looking for the bottles to re-take the pictures I could only find Walker Bait. I found every other green polish I own as well, I'm pretty sure, but not Nuke The Fridge. Naturally.

Anyway...

Walker Bait is an olive-green holo. I've never seen anything else quite like it, although there may be others out there.
It looks more gray from this angle but if you look at the picture at the top you can see the green better in both polishes. And if you don't believe me here's Accio Lacquer for a backup as far as Walker Bait is concerned.

Walker Bait is another Dollish Walking-Dead-themed polish (the other one I have is Look At The Flowers Lizzie, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were others), and as far as I know this polish was very very genuinely LE and thus is now a true HTF polish.** I've never been terribly sorry I didn't sell mine on eBay but if anybody feels like offering me wads of cash for it, I'd be willing to think about it. This is also the only full-size bottle of Dollish Polish I have. I thought their minis were a better deal so I bought minis, except for this one which was only available as a full-sized polish.

I'm only talking about Dollish in the past tense because I haven't bought anything from them in a while. They're still around. As you may have guessed by now, their specialty is fandom polishes. (Ooh, Zombieland. I shouldn't have looked.)

The other polish in question here is Nuke The Fridge, which is in the picture at the top, and it's the swatch below Walker Bait on the wheel. (added: Here's a better wheel-and-bottle swatch I did later on.) You can see that it looks sort of similar to Walker Bait, except without the holo part. I suspect that's deceptive. I decided not to worry about the missing bottle picture since this polish is still available and there's plenty of other pictures of it around. (Just the same, when I locate mine I'll be sure to photograph it.) This polish is from the Post Apocalyptic Princess collection and it's more of a funky/shifty green than the swatch picture would lead you to think.

If you're scratching your head about the fridge thing, well, this is an actual Indiana-Jones-themed polish. Those are not something that's thick on the ground out there. (As for the actual reference, if you've seen the last Indiana Jones movie - I can't keep the titles straight any more but I believe that would be the one with Shia LeBoeuf - you will probably remember the sequence with the nuclear bomb and how Indy survives it. If not, well, go check Wikipedia - or YouTube. It's a funny bit and a funny name although tbh I thought the bit itself seriously stretched credibility even by action movie standards.)

**glossary:
HTF: hard-to-find
LE: limited edition

No comments:

Post a Comment