Friday, September 23, 2016

NOTD: Scrangie over Y2K

This is RBL Scrangie 2.0 over Square Hue Y2K:
I don't especially love Y2K by itself but man, it makes a great base for other stuff. It's not a "real" black like, say, WnW Black Creme - it's just short of that, it's probably a dark charcoal color, I'm guessing, but it's so dark it could be something else and you really couldn't tell. In any case, if you want a dark, moody base in a less noticeable way - without it being full-on black - it's really good for that. And this is the first time I've tried Scrangie 2.0 with undies but I really like it this way. Scrangie (2.0, that is, because there's also an older RBL Scrangie polish) is also sort of an indeterminate color but it's meant to be that way, as I understand it, it's sort of an oil-slick effect. It looks green in some light and brown in others, but either way it's really pretty.

I couldn't decide earlier in the week whether I wanted to do one last summery manicure or start in on the fall colors. Sometimes when I'm feeling indecisive I ask my husband for color suggestions, and that's what I did and he said pink (to my surprise). So I wore Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel, mattified like I had done once before. It's a pretty rosy pink, very sparkly when it's worn with a regular top-coat.

Also I dumped out the tote-bag that I carry to work the other day, and I found this at the bottom:
This is Destash (which I won't be destashing). (If I was going to do one more summery manicure, this might be a good candidate. Which I still might, who knows?)


No comments:

Post a Comment