Sunday, April 1, 2018

Layered NOTD part 2: Hot Couture

I showed this one yesterday but I was falling asleep when I wrote that and kind of stopped in the middle. So continuing on from where I left off, this is two coats of Look At My Bow! and two coats of Color Club Hot Couture:
and I put matte top-coat on it. I'm not sure whether to blame this on having tried to finish while I was sleepy, or on too many layers. So here's the layers:
  1. Cuccio base-coat
  2. Look At My Bow!
  3. Look At My Bow!
  4. Hot Couture
  5. Hot Couture
  6. Matte All The Things
Hot Couture is a pale-pink top-coat with a lot of sparkle, and it's pretty thick. So I'm inclined to think it was putting the second coat of that on which caused the trouble. You can see here that the top nail, in the picture, is messed up, and it's not really wear. After I took this - or maybe it had already started on the other hand before this, this polish just started peeling off in big chunks. By the time I got home from work it had peeled completely off three nails on my left hand. The right hand (pictured) didn't ever get any worse than this. It was almost like I used peel-off base-coat, only I didn't. Anyway, it was really pretty while it lasted and I'll have to remember to give this combination another try this time next year!

(Hey, it's baseball season!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment