Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Ikaika

I mentioned the SquareHue Scuba Hawaii collection, and this is one of those polishes, Ikaika:
(I kept forgetting how to spell this until I started thinking of it as two repeating words, ika-ika - although I don't think that's how it's pronounced.) This is just a purple creme, but it's somehow an exceptionally lovely one.

Here's somebody else's pictures, for comparison. And here's the box (which I also showed yesterday, but nobody's paying me to show this, just for the record. I just still had SH on my mind, I guess. Actually I've been wondering if SquareHue is about to go out of business, since they discontinued the subscription model. They said that they were just going to sell from their website, but nothing new has appeared and it's been several months, that's what makes me wonder.) Note that it's now on sale
(added) as I guessed, SquareHue has now announced that they are shutting down.

Real quick, because I am a procrastinator par excellence and I need to go work on my taxes - I had what I thought was a really promising theory about these polish names, but I think I must have been wrong. When I talked about Akamai I noted that it's a word meaning "clever" in Hawaiian, and it turns out that Ikaika means "strong" - so I was just sure that the third polish must be some other adjective that can be used to refer to a person, like, I dunno, "small" or "fast" or something. But no, in a quick search I didn't find anything like that. (It's Nani, which just sounds like a nonsense word, really. But I love that polish!)



No comments:

Post a Comment