Thursday, April 26, 2018

SquareHue 1970s

So here is the SquareHue 1970s collection, which is from 2015, I think? (I always forget these things) and it was marked down so I had a weak moment & bought it.

(I also bought the 1980s collection, but we'll get to that later. We're only talking about the '70s today.)
L-R, this is Watergate, Night Fever, and iPolish. iPolish doesn't sound at all like a 70s name to me -  but it's a white and a decent white polish is something I actually did not own. So I'm glad to have it to use as a base, at least.

(Looking at them in the bottles, this set looks kind of like it might be a holiday set, but actually it had to have come out in the summer, because they started with 1900s and did one box a decade up to the present. That would make it the August box.)


I get that Night Fever is supposed to be like a disco ball, but it's so holo-ish I'm having trouble as thinking of it as a 70s thing - similar to the problem I have with the name iPolish, really. I lived through the 70s and that just doesn't seem quite right to me. But that's nitpicking.

I did two swatches of Night Fever, and here they are piled on top of one another:
It's a mix of silver and holographic bits in several sizes. The wheel further to the left is Night Fever alone and the wheel on the right has it over Black Creme. (Added: I was looking at the wheel with the blacks after I wrote this last night and it looks like the holo in it might be linear - it caught the light really oddly and interestingly. Maybe they thought that looked extra disco-ish.)

Watergate looks much more blue in the bottle than it does on the wheel.
I think when I wear this I may try putting something under it, it's really sheer. But really pretty, too. The color reminds me a bit of Nail Junkie (and I love Nail Junkie, that's a compliment.)

And then as I said way above, iPolish is just white:
Added: It occurred to me eventually that I do in fact have one white polish - I have a mini of OPI Alpine Snow. I always forget about that. And I have a Sinful Colors white nail art polish also - not that I actually ever do nail art!





No comments:

Post a Comment