Thursday, April 12, 2018

Enchanted?/Don't Mesh With Me

First of all, Enchanted Polish has a new line, Enchanted Studio, which they said was in response to requests for more budget-friendly polishes. So what's on the website right now is a line of six holos, which are $8 but which are also 40% smaller than an average nail polish bottle (that is, they're 0.3 oz instead of 0.5) That's not quite what I would term as a mini, but close. Most people don't use up half-an-ounce bottles, so I'm not saying that's a terrible thing. It's just something to be aware of. The colors are very pretty, but nothing unique. (I just checked and the going price for regular Enchanted Polishes seems to be $16. So you get a little more than half the volume for half the price. Not unreasonable when you look at it that way!)

(Background: I own exactly one Enchanted Polish, and I like the one I have, but I've never been willing to play their signature game of getting people to wait breathlessly for restocks, which is why I only have the one. I'm probably less inclined to cut them slack because that has always annoyed me. Plus bottle size & relative prices have always been something I'm slightly obsessive about. They managed to hit several of my triggers in one fell swoop, really.)


So going on to other topics - here is China Glaze Don't Mesh With Me, yet another polish from the Rebel Collection
I keep buying polishes from this collection and I kind of feel like I ought to have them all by now, but it's a big collection and I actually only have about half of them - exactly half, six of twelve, if I'm counting right. Anyway, I think I showed a mani with this, but this is basically a top-coat, sort of in the vein of Zoya Leia and CG's own Travel In Colour a few years back, both of which I adored. It's sort of a shifty color-changing thing, but more purple than those other two. Here on this wheel I tried it by itself - it took three coats but it doesn't look bad - and then above that I tried it over WnW Black Creme (that's the one that says "BC"). I like this a lot and really I think it's one of those top-coats that you can slap on over practically anything and get nice results. (Seriously, go look at Zoya's website right now, they're selling Leia as a go-with-anything topcoat over both the Bridal Collection and the spring jelly trio. In fact I think I'm getting a back-up bottle of Leia for free because I bought the whole jelly trio - is it called Kisses? I keep forgetting - in the Earth Day promo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment