Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Fairy Dust + other fairy-related polish names

This is Khroma Fairy Dust:
This version of Khroma doesn't exist any more; it was the Kardashian sisters' original attempt at a beauty brand, but there was already a brand named Khroma and they successfully got the K-girls blocked from using it. I like this one, though - it's a nice mixed-gold glitter that's not quite like anything else I have. For one thing, it's champagne-leaning gold rather than brassy-gold, and then also, as you can see, it gets something close to opaque. I'm pretty sure this was only one coat, so I think if you worked at it, it should be easy to get opaque. I'm honestly not sure whether I've ever worn this so I need to at least try it out as an accent nail.

I am about to start swatching golds so I'll probably end up doing a new comparison wheel, but I have quite a lot of gold polishes and the last time I tried this I decided that they were every one somewhat different. (It may be a while before you see the rest of them because I've already got a ton of other pictures I haven't put up yet. If I come up with anything I think is especially interesting I'm sure I'll put it up sooner rather than later, though.)

Added: I was poking around my archives looking for something else entirely, and I found that I have worn the polish above before, as a layering polish. Here. Also here's an old post where I also talked about it.


Meanwhile I started thinking about names; specifically that I have no less than three polishes named Fairy Dust and several more with "fairy" in their names. Besides this one, I have the China Glaze Fairy Dust (a holo topper) and an e.l.f. one which is a bog-standard flakie in a clear base. (The e.l.f. one does not actually have a name on it at all, but it was printed on the register tape when I bought it at CVS and I've confirmed that online as well.)

Fairy-named polishes I own, including the above:
Actually the whole Colourpop nail polish oeuvre is fairy-related, I believe - besides Be Fairy Afraid, there's Pixi-lated, I Wand It That Way, Dust A Dream, First Wings First, and the only one I don't have, the holo, is called One Wish Two Wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment