Monday, April 16, 2018

NOTD: Sierra Sunset

This is SquareHue Sierra Sunset:
This is kind of a cranky polish - you can see the bare spots, and this is three coats, I think. I went ahead and did a fourth one and it looked better, but that's an awful lot of coats. The next time I try this I'll probably just put something underneath it. It's mostly not as red as it looks here - I thought it looked more like a burnt orange in most lights. It'll be a really good fall polish if I can figure out how to get it to apply a little better.

I have this because I happened to be poking around on SquareHue (for reasons I've now forgotten) and I found that they had marked some of the older sets down to $12 for sets of three, and I ordered two of them. I got the 1970s and 1980s sets, from the year they were doing decades - 2015, I think? (I'll get pictures of all of that up soon, hopefully.) (Added: links to some of the sale sets, down at the bottom)

And then after a day or so I got tired of looking at the unevenness and slapped Zoya Leia on top of it - I had Leia on the brain from talking about it one day last week, I guess. (Not to mention that I was watching Rogue One on Netflix the other day.) So of course Leia turns everything some degree of pink - very pink, in this case:
It was still pretty messy but Leia is so showy I doubt anybody but me noticed the imperfections in real life.

(updated: all of SH's website is now down except the front page)
SH sale sets still available as of 4/16/18:
1970s
1980s
also Scuba Hawaii (probably my favorite SH set ever)
also Hike Banff (which contains Lake Louise, another favorite, as well as a beautiful dark green and a neutral light tan)

No comments:

Post a Comment