Monday, April 2, 2018

NOTD: Rainbow Wishes

Well, after the pink Hot Couture mani crashed and burned, I had one more work day to go last week, and I wanted to do something that at least hinted at being pastel. Given that I'm not big on pastels, in general, the couple of weeks before Easter are usually the only time that I wear pastels very much. And what I came up with wasn't really pastel, but it was sort of in the ballpark.
I showed a swatch of this a couple of months ago - it's NailsInc Rainbow Wishes, which was in the Sparkle Like A Unicorn set. Here's the swatches for comparison:
By itself it looks pink, but over black it looked blue-to-purple shifty like it does in the bottle. I didn't really want to use black so I put it over a navy-blue instead, Orchid Playmaker. And I really like how it turned out. It's maybe more blue than purple, but the purple highlights are still there. Very nice.

Added: after I took this manicure off, I decided to try Rainbow Wishes alone, since it looks quite nice in the swatch above. But I didn't like it too much. The shift does still show up, but two coats are still very sheer and too much nail line shows for my taste. Sometimes that doesn't bother me but this one did. I really like it with the undercoat so why waste it wearing it alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment