Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Big City Dazzle, Shelby, and more

(Thursday)
Mini-haul from CVS, all glitters:
  1. Deeper Dive (Spoiled) - another 49-cent score on yet another blue-green glitter. I think this one is darker than most of the ones I have already, though.
  2. Big City Dazzle  (NYC NY Minute Sparkle Top Coat) - looks like multicolor glitter in a pink base, but it may be hard to tell until I try it (ooh, cute)
  3. Fairy Dust (Khroma) - I didn't even know this brand existed. The Kardashians, they are everywhere. But I thought this looked interesting - it's gold, but on the champagne side. A subtle gold, possibly!
I haven't even mentioned the Butter Londons I bought last week when they were having their online sale, I don't think. I got a shipping notice, and they are due here next week, so I think I'll wait until they come to say more about that.

I stuck a picture up on Instagram yesterday - first time I've done that in ages - but I'll share it with you guys as well. Alegra over Blackberry, as discussed in the last entry:
I said yesterday that I was probably going to take this off last night, but I haven't yet, since it still looks pretty good. There's a bit of wear but surprisingly little, considering. If it's still on by tomorrow night I will be extremely surprised, though.

(Friday)
That's gone, and now I am wearing Shelby with a ton of coats of Big City Dazzle (see #2 above) on top of it. Shelby alone was a bit too pale to be flattering on me. (I suspected that, and yet I ordered it anyway because it was just so pretty.) Big City Dazzle has a pink base, I think, so maybe it deepened Shelby just enough to make it look better on me. I dunno, but I do like it better than I did with Shelby alone. Obviously Shelby is one of those colors that's going to be a layering base for me.

(Shelby, as tends to happen with milky cremes, was a bit goopy and streaky, although it looked decent enough after the 2nd coat that I stopped there. I will try to get a picture of the final result later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment