Saturday, June 8, 2013

East Village

I've had on NYC East Village since Thursday, and it's holding up really well. It looks the same as I expected it to from a distance, but it doesn't really behave like a foil even though it looks a bit like one. It's super-sheer; this is 4 coats and you can still see my nail line a bit when the light hits it right. It reminds me more of something like SC Let Me Go, a sheer pearly thing.

I'm looking at my nails compared to this picture on my screen and it's slightly paler and considerably greener than it looks there. I would call it a dark aqua, really.

Here's Is that Silva (resting on a hotel towel):

One makeup note (not something I talk about much):
We packed hastily for this trip, and I managed somehow to forget my makeup base, even though I got everything else, makeup-wise. We went to a Wal-Mart in some small town in Arkansas, and I bought the cheapest one I could find, which was Maybelline Fit Me for (I think) five dollars and change. And it's really not bad. It seems to be similar in concept to L'Oreal Color Match, which is what I wear normally. I think I ended up buying the very palest one (#110, I think).

Also I just found the bit below, which I wrote on Thursday and forgot that I didn't post:
I am so very tired. We got to Ohio late yesterday and we have been doing stuff ever since, with a short break for sleep last night. Rob was a pallbearer so he had to be at the church at 9am, although I am not really clear on why since the funeral wasn't until 10:30. Just to make sure the deceased was there ahead of the mourners, I guess. So I got up much earlier than I am accustomed to, in order to make sure that Rob got there on time, which he did. And now that stuff is all over, and I am just sitting here feeling exhausted and marking time until I feel ready to sleep. 
If anybody thought my nail polish [Is That Silva?] was inappropriate, they didn't say anything to me. Of course I am the person who wore green nail polish to my own father's funeral last year, because it matched my green shirt. I never have seen what was inappropriate about that, really, but my sister seemed to think it was, anyway. (Pft.) I wore that same green shirt today, in fact, but it was so cool here that I had to wear a jacket over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment