Friday, June 21, 2013

Not blueberry, and an Ulta trip

(Wednesday)
I like Not So Blueberry much better than I expected, partly because it's, well, not so blue at all. It's a blue-leaning medium-purple microglitter that reads more like a foil, really. I guess calling it blue-violet would be pretty reasonable, although it's on the violet end of that, even. It looks like it would be sheer, but two coats would have been plenty, if I had been patient enough to let it dry. I messed up the finish and added a third coat to compensate - although in my defense, it took quite a long time to dry. (It's probably extra-humid here at the moment, although, y'know, I live in Houston, where it's always humid. We've had pretty damp weather for this time of year, just the same.)

I don't have pictures yet, and probably won't post them when I do, come to think of it, since I might as well leave Karen a bit of a surprise, even though she knows exactly what she's getting, for the most part - but I've spent a fair bit of time this week finding the items for our swap. First of all, my HEB store had a BOGO sale going on on their Orchid brand, so I got four bottles for the price of two. Then I went running around to several other locations to see if I could find one elusive color, which I never did find. (Karen did not ask me to do this, you understand; I just got intrigued by the hunt.) Then Karen realized that I had said that my HEB store had the Skyfall Magnetics and she asked me to see if I could get some for her, so I went back to the first store again, which is the one that's right down the road from me. When I did, I realized why they had the BOGO coupon sale when none of the other locations had had it: it was actually supposed to be this week's sale, not last week's. For some reason, they had started it early. Which I'm terribly glad about because I would have been very frustrated if I had bought those Orchids only to have them go on sale immediately afterwards!

(Friday)
Yesterday I ventured into Ulta, which I don't do much because it tends to overwhelm me. So many choices! I snapped a rather blurry picture of the Butter London display, and a much better picture of the CK one:

Calvin Klein makeup was all the rage when I was a teenager/young adult, so it makes me rather nostalgic. I had some and I wish I could find pictures to show you - I tried googling and so far have found nothing. But I don't remember them selling nail polish back then. It's possible they did, though.

All I ended up buying at Ulta was a couple of Essence polishes, a pink and a purple, and some shampoo for fine hair that was marked down. (My hair has always been fine, and seems like it's gotten even more so since it started turning gray. Getting old(er) sucks, y'all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment