Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not so Blackberry

(Tuesday)
Those of you who follow me on Twitter have heard this part already, but for the record: Blackberry is gorgeous. That's Scherer Petites Blackberry, although it doesn't actually look anything like a blackberry whatsoever. It does look like some nail polish I've had in the past (or still have and can't quite place). Anyway, it's a slightly-blackened red, beautiful and glossy and just somehow really eye-catching. I was really expecting it to be considerably darker, looking at the bottle, but I like it just the same. It's still not really what I'd call a summer red, but it's cherry-ish enough that nobody is likely to notice if they're not looking close.

(Wednesday)
Here is a picture, but the photo may be deceiving about the color on my nails - at least, I've looked at it on two different computers and on one it looks much darker than the other. So YMMV and all that (as is always true, let's face it).
You can see some tipwear if you look close, and this is probably coming off tonight because of that. I washed my hair, and that's always hard on my nails - I know that means I'm probably doing it wrong when I wash my hair, but I never have been successful in correcting that!

I have no idea what I'm putting on next. I think I'm saving Sooki for some sort of 4th of July manicure next week, so maybe I'll do a pink or a purple in the meantime. I will of course report back on that.

UPDATE: I picked up Zoya Alegra thinking I would put that on next, and then I thought, well, y'know, it looks awfully close to Blackberry, in a way (although it's much more berry-ish, ironically), and the next thing I knew I was wearing a coat of it on top of Blackberry. And it's quite beautiful. It punches up the berry-ness and adds a metallic sheen without completely covering up that beautiful deep color that I liked so much. I'll probably still end up taking it off later because I didn't put on more top coat and I'm sure the tips will be worn all over again by the end of the day, but it's a lovely combination and I'm glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment