Monday, June 10, 2013

Back at Rite-Aid

Another Rite-Aid haul:
  1. Hedy's Ma.nish.ma. 'stoned' Dusty Spring Fields (purple-leaning taupe)
  2. L.A. Girl 3D Effects (hologram) Black Illusion
  3. SC Rich in Heart (my Evernote list called it a "red-brown shimmer")
  4. "Petites" 56 Blackberry (blackened red) - made by Scherer, apparently
  5. Jesse's Girl Glee (blue-green glitter)
The Sinful Colors was on my "wishlist" - which I keep on Evernote and write down colors I see (mostly online) that I especially like. (Evernote is great because it syncs between my various computers and my phone, and I can easily consult my list in a store.) A lot of times the colors are LE's and I never find them, but I do stumble across some of them from time to time. I've looked for Rich in Heart at various stores and never found it up til now, so I figured I'd better snag it while I can.

Rich in Heart and Blackberry are both fairly fall-ish colors, which isn't to say I won't try them out before then. (Blackberry in particular, I suspect I will go ahead and try, maybe both.) I have a black hologram from Chirality, but it seemed a little lighter-color in the bottle than the L.A. Girl one does. We'll see about that. And to tell you the truth, the Jesse's Girl reminds me of (Butter London) Henley Regatta, on reflection, although I think the glitter may be smaller. I guess we'll see about that, too.


(Later) East Village off, and it came off quite nicely, for a blue-green. And it still didn't look at all bad, as far as wear goes. I decided to try Dusty Spring Fields, and I think that "purple-leaning taupe" as I said above, is pretty close, except that it's really more of a light (or even medium) brown than a taupe. It's quite dark, once you get two coats on and dry. But it does lean purple, in some lights. I'll be interested to see it in sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment