Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dusty and teal

I was going to take a picture of Dusty Spring Fields before I took it off, but my phone is being uncooperative. (Specifically, the battery is dead, and it's not charging fast enough to suit me.) Here and here* are the only pictures I found in a cursory google search. (Google's habit of correcting your spelling gets very annoying when you try searching for a name like that one!) I really did end up liking that color. It reminds me a bit of SC Winterberry, although I think Winterberry is more purple.

*The second one is one of Karen's periodic display posts, and you have to scroll way down to find it. The pictures are so similar I thought at first they were the same ones, but on closer examination they are not. The polishes are misplaced in both pictures, but not in exactly the same way!

Next up: Color Show Tenacious Teal. It's (I think) the last one of the last batch of polishes I bought that I hadn't tried.** I googled this too, and once I added "polish" to the search so that it quit showing me Maybelline's eye shadows of the same name, I found Short 'n Chic's review of this color from last year, and I had exactly the same problem she talks about with the watery first coat. But somehow it seems to fix itself with the second coat. It's like magic! (Ok, maybe not, but it's a bit surprising.) I remain a bit annoyed by the name, though, since it's actually not what I'd consider teal at all. I suppose "Tenacious Green" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

**Not even close. See here. I did wear East Village, and I tried on the shatter one on one nail, which hardly counts, but even if it does that still leaves two more I haven't tried yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment