Sunday, August 27, 2017

Pacific Blue dupe? Porter Miami & new KL polishes

I talked about buying these at the bottom of this post, but I almost forgot to talk about them once I got them. So let's talk about the KL Polishes that I bought in the sale. And below I'll get to the possible-dupe topic.

The sale was buy any 2 polishes, get Magic City free. I had already been eyeing these other two polishes - Porter Miami, from the summer collection, and That's What She Said, from the spring collection - so I figured I might as well go ahead and get them and get the free one.
That's What She Said is a metallic, but the other two are cremes, as the bulk of Kathleen's polishes are so far. (I know she wants to build up a core set of cremes, but I wish she'd release more not-cremes, because I've really liked most of the non-creme polishes she's released so far.)

I'll link Nine Zero's video again below - the thing that I was most interested in there was that Jess said that Porter Miami is really close in color to Pacific Blue (the original formula). So I tested that out and I found that she's right. Color-wise, they look exactly the same to me, although Pacific Blue is usually a one-coater and Porter is not.
(I swatched Mesmerize as well, just for a comparison. It was darker when I compared the other blues a couple of weeks ago and that hasn't changed.)

Jessface90's video:

I'll get swatches of the other two that I bought up later on.

Also this came very quick and as always, they came in an envelope but well-padded and wrapped and they were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment