Monday, August 14, 2017

SquareHue Scuba Hawaii

SquareHue had a 40% off sale for subscribers only a couple of weeks ago, on past boxes. But you had to buy the whole box (some of them were two polishes and some were three), and I'm such a picky person that there aren't many boxes where I wanted everything in it. If there's something like a "straw color" (that one was in last month's collection) that's a dealbreaker for me. (I unsubscribed from SquareHue after the January box in 2016 and didn't resubscribe until a few months ago, after they finally changed their policies where you could pick your polishes to some extent, or skip boxes entirely). Well, the only collection that they had available in the sale where I thought I might actually wear everything in it was Scuba Hawaii, from last August. I knew people had raved about that collection. Even then I immediately started second-guessing myself about the orange polish, though.

But the box is here and I do actually like the orange. It's red-orange enough that it's fine.

Here's the swatch card as well as the wheel swatches. The orange is Nani, and the violet is Ikaika, both cremes, and then the third one is a foil, Akamai. That one is pretty sheer but I think if you build it up enough it'll be awesome. So I'm pretty happy with this. (The box was marked $25 and so 40% off was $15, and that includes shipping. I think that was a pretty good deal.)

(See, in this picture the orange doesn't look very red-orange, either. That was why I got nervous about it. But yay, I like it fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment