Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Colourpop polish (& lippies)

"Lippie" is not a word I ever say out loud - and I probably haven't typed it very often, either. But there it is in the title, anyway.

So Colourpop, famed for their lip products, finally got around to doing nail polish. I had never bought anything from them before, but they give you a $5 coupon on your first purchase, and shipping is free at $30 so that's how much stuff I bought. I got polishes and a couple of lip products for good measure, just to try them out.

First here's the lip things. I wasn't sure what I wanted, here - I always hear people talk about their matte lip products, but I usually won't wear mattes because they always feel so dry to me. So I just kind of poked around by color until I found some things I thought I'd like. Since I'm so partial to berry/purple colors, that seemed like a good way to go at it, and this is what I ended up with:
I think these are both from different collaborations. I guess Virginia is the name of a character in the show Claws, which I've never seen. And you can see the name of the collab on the lip pencil - iluvsarahii - the color is Mamacita, which is a very very dark berry purple. I've tried it and it looks good on me but it's really dark. It's not exactly an everyday color. Virginia is an Ultra Satin color, which is a nice middle ground between the mattes and the very glossy ones, and it's a bright berry. I like it.


And then there's the nail polish. Here's the verbiage they're using to promote it on the website: "Super pigmented Polish! It's long wearing, and of course made in the USA and Cruelty Free." Near as I can tell, these claims are correct. It is very pigmented, very close to a one-coater at the very least, and (with I Wand It That Way on top of Pixi-lated, no other top-coat) even on my difficult nails, it has lasted 5 days with only slight chips in the last day or so. Until yesterday it was completely pristine, which never happens with me.

It came in little boxes, which you can partially see in the picture above. Once out of the boxes they are in square bottles like SquareHue bottles.

In fact I went and pulled out a Square Hue bottle to compare:
They are both .45 oz - the bottle itself looks identical but as you can see the caps are different. The brush is what I would call a medium size - not extremely wide, but wider than some, including than Square Hue's. It did the job just fine.

Notice that Pixi-lated looks more blue in the top picture but not so much in these other two. With Wand It That Way on top, I'd say it looks more blue-green. Without it, I thought it looks somewhat more blue. It's not as pale as it looked in my NOTD picture. The rest of the cremes are quite pale, but Pixi-lated is somewhat darker.
This is Colourpop's verbiage for these; I thought they were cute.
Pixi-lated (or, Pixie-lated, per the website, but that's not what the label says) - "No need to adjust your settings, this robin's egg blue is true blue."
First Wings First - "With a swish and flick, this pastel lavender is pure magic"
I Wand It That Way - "Believe us when we say, this clear with bright pink duochrome glitter is our fire"

What I bought is half the initial collection - the others are a very pale pink (Be Fairy Afraid, which is a great name), a pale green (Dust A Dream), and a holo top-coat (One Wish, Two Wish) which is sold out. Last I checked the other five were still in stock - they do have a limit of two bottles per color.

Oh yeah, and did I mention they are $6?

Here's Kelli Marissa's swatches:


No comments:

Post a Comment