Monday, August 21, 2017

Sally Beauty haul

I've only done a Sally Beauty online order once before, and it went just like this one. It's not a bad thing, but it gets kinda crazy. I was coveting My Little Pony polishes, and I looked and Sally Beauty had CG buy two get one free. And I needed shampoo, and there was a 20% off coupon, and then there's that $50 threshold for free shipping. You get $50 worth of items added and then you put the coupon on and it knocks off $10 and you have to add even more stuff to get back to the free shipping level. So that's why I say it seems a little crazy.

With all of that going on, I got quite a lot of stuff for 50-odd dollars. (I did already have a current beauty club membership, for the record.) Starting with the four polishes:
  • China Glaze Where's The Party Canon At? (My Little Pony - and as I said the other day, it's canon and not cannon, I've seen it online spelled both ways but my bottle definitely says canon) - raspberry glitter
  • CG Let Your Twilight Sparkle (also My Little Pony) - blue shimmer top coat, because I have a weakness for those
  • CG Fairy Dust - because I didn't have it and there wasn't a third MLP polish I really felt like I had to have
  • Wood I Lie To You (this was on clearance - Finger Paints Hard As Steel, the ones with the bamboo pattern on the cap) - fuchsia/berry creme
  • another 32 oz. of nail polish remover, because I go through a ton of it
  • Ion Color Defense After Color Sealer, 6 oz. tube - this goes with the hair color I've been using, and all I had were some little packets of it. And then it was ALSO buy two get one free, so I got more items from that same collection...
  • Ion Color Defense Sulfate-Free Shampoo (because I've been experimenting around to find sulfate-free shampoos that I like and that are reasonably priced)
  • Ion Color Defense Leave-In Protector
  • a liter bottle of Biotera Color Care Shampoo (and this one is not sulfate-free. I haven't fully committed to sulfate-free yet, mostly just because it is generally more expensive. But this looks like it's meant to be a Biolage knockoff and I always did like Biolage.)
  • Vanilla lip scrub
  • Palladio baked blush in Berry - because I seem to be on a perpetual search for the perfect shade of blush (I'm not sure this one is my holy grail or anything, but it's not bad!)
  • a packet of charcoal detoxifying hair mask
  • assorted empty plastic bottles
  • and a pump that hopefully will fit the liter bottle, because I wasn't sure I still have one
Whew.


Oh, also, I ordered this either very early Saturday morning, or very early Saturday night, I forget which - but either way, I ordered it over the weekend and it was here on Tuesday. That's pretty awesome service.

No comments:

Post a Comment