Monday, September 3, 2018

Dupes? Gloucester Crescent, Gray By Gray

I started out September with black polish, over the weekend, and it occurred to me that since fall is now impending (sort of - where I live we're lucky if the heat breaks much before Halloween) this was a good time to transition into showing grays and grayed-out colors. I've been watching videos with the new fall polishes the last few days, and naturally they're full of these kind of colors so I guess that put me in the mood.

I'm going to do two polishes again today because I have two that are darn-near dupes. First we have NailsInc Gloucester Crescent:

and then Sally Hansen CSM Gray By Gray:
They're next to each other on the wheel so you can see how close they are in color. I don't think they're truly dead-on dupes, but boy, I'd be hard-put to tell the difference. I'd call them blue-leaning grays, ever so slightly. GC might be a hair lighter but I'm not even sure if I'm really seeing that.

Apparently neither one of these polishes are current colors - but I would think that one or the other of them might be findable if you hunted around. Gray By Gray, in particular, was around for several years.

NailsInc polishes
Complete Salon Manicure page

(Added: note that the Sally Hansen says on the wheel that it is only one coat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment