Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Feifei, Steel Guitar

This is Zoya Feifei, which is still available:
I love Zoya in any case, but I love them extra much for hardly ever discontinuing anything. This polish has been around for years - I bought this bottle in 2012, which is also apparently when it was released (Diva collection, fall 2012, along with other Zoya classics like Daul and Suri and Song.). This is a steel-blue glass fleck, and I'm always a sucker for a good glass-fleck.

Here's Zoya's verbiage: "a medium steel blue base with heavy gold and blue iridescent metallic sparkle. A truly unique sparkling iridescent blue that adds a magical look to the nails." I'm inclined to think "magical" is probably a bit of overstatement, but obviously I really do like this. It looks very gray next to all these blues, but it's pretty much balanced right in between.

And I decided to put Orchid Steel Guitar here as well, because it seems a bit similar:
I don't think this is available any more - and it was a store-brand in the first place, so I doubt that it's easily findable. It has a similar glass-fleck-ish consistency, although it's a straight gray where Feifei is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment