Thursday, September 13, 2018

KBShimmer multichrome magnetics

I've had a bit of a checkered past with magnetic polishes. That is to say, I've had trouble getting them to work properly. Some people loved them, but they had a pretty big learning curve, in general, and after a while they mostly all disappeared. Then, suddenly this year, they're back!

Several companies are doing them - mostly indies, this time around - but KBShimmer's multichrome magnetic line, Launch Party, was the first ones I really noticed. I watched jessface90's YouTube swatches (which I'll link below) and decided this seemed different enough from the mainstream magnetics I had so much trouble with, and maybe I'd give it another try. Then a couple of months went by, and finally KBShimmer had that sale where you got a bag of 6 polishes for $49.95. I've already talked about that here. I ended up with polishes from several different lines, including two of the Launch Party magnetics.

I think a lot of what has changed since the last time around is the magnet. I always had a lot of trouble keeping the magnet out of the nail polish but at the same time close enough to work. It may also be that there is more magnetic material in these new polishes:
(This is the magnet sticking to the bottle on its own. I'll probably save (Lucky 13) Queen Of Hearts for another entry, but I'll tell you now that that polish is in a very tiny bottle and I actually was able to pick the whole bottle up with this magnet.)

Also, I should tell you since I'm linking Jess that I have a slightly different magnet than she does, although they both came from KBS - and they cost the same. The one I got is dual-ended - it has a circle on the other end, which seems to get you curved lines. The other end is a rectangle and seems  about the same as the one in the video below.

This is Just A Phase:
Jess calls it a pinky purple gold green. I'm mostly seeing the pinky-purple right now but I haven't ventured outdoors with these yet, either.

This is Spaced Out:
When Jess turns her bottle under the light, you can see teal, purple, and yellow-gold. I can definitely see the colors separate on this one - parts of the nail are teal and others are purple. Again, I haven't seen the gold so much so far.

Anyway, here's Jess' video, below. I have gotten interesting results from my experiments so far and I'm looking forward to trying it out as a full mani!


No comments:

Post a Comment