Friday, August 3, 2018

Queen Of Hearts

This is a little Lucky 13 mini, Queen Of Hearts:
This came with the order I did a month or so ago, but somenow I didn't get a swatch picture taken at the time. I had ordered one mystery polish with that order - that one was The War Doctor. But I also saw something on the website about a free mystery polish with every order so presumably that's what this is.

This is a pretty hard-to-pin-down polish - purplish and shimmery and something more complex that I can't really identify. Luckily Anya did send me a little more information along with the order!
I googled "Lucky 13 Queen of Hearts" and didn't find any polish pictures so that leads me to think this must not have gotten beyond being a prototype. I'm sure I'll try it out (although probably without a magnet) and anyway, it's a cool thing to have as a collectible, in any case!
Added: here's some more experimenting - with an actual magnet, and another swatch, too.

(I was talking yesterday about having more polishes than I could reasonably wear, and one way I've decided to deal with that is to be frank with myself about the fact that I'm only keeping some things as collectibles, and designating a separate place to keep those. That doesn't mean I can't wear them if I decide I feel like it, it just means the pool of polishes I'm actually choosing from on a day-to-day basis doesn't necessarily include them. It's a bigger chunk of my stash than I would have guessed - older drugstore stuff, discontinued brands, indies that were LE - and getting them out of the way while still acknowledging that I'm not actually getting rid of them is actually more freeing than I would have thought!)

No comments:

Post a Comment