Friday, August 24, 2018

Carpe Denim & other "night sky" polishes

This is KBS Carpe Denim:
My husband loves puns - he thinks KBShimmer's polish names are great. Anyway, you can see the glitter in the bottle better than on the wheel - it's packed with holo glitter. (I may have to try all the new KBS pictures again - there's far more glitter than you can see even in the bottle, I'd say.)

Added: I talk about Starry Starry Night below, but I just found this post with a comparison with the old version of SSN (waaay at the bottom of the post) and they're close. Carpe Denim looks, well, holo-ier, but otherwise awfully similar.

I have a number of these kinds of polishes - the one I thought seemed immediately most like this was Zoya Dream:
Dream is noticeably more indigo-blue and somewhat lighter than Carpe Denim, but I feel like CD has a bit of that indigo-blue to it too. And it's got a heavy dose of holo but it's not as showy.

Then there's Starry Starry Night (the 2.0 version, the re-release):
(The polish on the left is YSL Bleu Cobalt, which is essentially the same color but lacks the glitter.) I really liked Starry Starry Night a couple of years ago when it first came out - I know everybody says it doesn't hold a candle to the original one, but I never had that. But since then I've gotten Dream and maybe SSN doesn't seem so great in comparision. At least, I didn't particularly think about that, until now, but I haven't worn SSN much.

No comments:

Post a Comment