Thursday, August 23, 2018

New purchases, non-nail-polish division

I have several assorted products to talk about here - one skincare, one makeup, and one haircare - this one I know I mentioned before so I'll start with it: Korres Golden Krocus Ageless Saffron Elixir:
I got this from a Groupon, because it was way cheaper than it is at Sephora, but it's still quite expensive - it was about $70 or a bit more. I had a sample of this and I really liked it - otherwise I would never have considered it. The full size is only an ounce, but you only have to use a couple of drops, so hopefully it will go a long way. (The sample I had was in one of those perfume-sample-size tiny bottles, and even that lasted a while.) It feels really good on my skin - I use many different skin products each day so it's difficult to make a objective judgment about how much difference any individual product makes. I feel like it does, that's really all I know. In the end, I may not buy this again, just because of the price, but I do really like it and if it does last a long time that will make a difference in how I feel about repurchasing.



Tarte was having a sale and so I used that as an excuse to buy Shape Tape concealer, because everybody talks about it so much.
I don't buy concealer in extremely light colors like I used to - this is a slightly darker color than I would buy if I was buying foundation ("light-medium honey"):
I've used it a couple of times but honestly, I don't feel like I understand what everybody thinks is so great about it. I'll report back after I've used it for a while.
(Added: it's very opaque, I think that's what it is. I do like it and it seems like it will last for ages. So far I'm thinking it's worth the price. I definitely like it better than the NARS stuff.)

This is L'Oreal Air Dry It Wave Swept Spray:
I mentioned lately that I liked the Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It, but that is pretty expensive and this is quite cheap. (I got it from Amazon for about $3 and change, I think.) They're not exactly the same thing, because this is a spray and Don't Blow it is more like a gel, but they're meant for a similar purpose. Unlike with the skincare products, if I put this one on my babyfine-and-curly hair after a wash and let it dry, I'm going to be able to tell if there's a difference in how it behaves. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment