Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tag Tuesday - indie polish quiz

This isn't a "topic Tuesday" but it seems to fit in with that!

1. What was the very first indie polish that you purchased?
Chirality. I talked about this not long ago
2. What's an indie polish lemming that you want but have never been able to get your hands on?
I try not to get fixated on lemmings. I just don't have the budget to pay for rare stuff. I'd rather spend my money on things that are reasonably easy to get hold of.
3. Name an indie polish you bought because of a YouTuber.
Probably the first one like that was Dollish Halloween polishes because of MissHollyBerries.
4. What is your favorite and least favorite type of indie polish (holo, multichrome, flakie, etc.)?
Well, I have to go with thermal for "least favorite" not because I have anything against them - I think they're beautiful - but because I keep my nails pretty short and I just don't get good results. It's a waste of money for me. Favorite: probably flakies. Love, love, love them, and I am so happy everybody's started doing them again.
5. Name an indie polish that fits your personality to a "T”.
Elderberry from Nail Pattern Boldness - cool colors and microglitter.
6. What indie polish company do you wish you owned every bottle/collection from?
Like with the lemmings, I just don't have the budget to buy whole collections. Luckily on this one I don't have to fight myself because I am absolutely not a completeist. I generally have no interest in owning whole collections - I just pick and choose the ones I really like. (Very occasionally "the ones I really like" in a collection will be all of them - but I've only found two like that in the years I've been collecting polish.)
7. Name an indie polish that physically made your jaw drop when you saw it.
The multichromes, when they first came out. I'm not sure exactly what would have been the first one I saw.
8. What do you look for the most when you purchase an indie (perfect formula, amazing color, affordability)?
Affordability is always nice but I would say what I really look for is a combination of amazing color and amazing formula.
9. What direction would you like to see indie polish go in?
I get bored when everybody is going the same direction - like, I know everybody loves holos and they sell really well, but I got so sick of the endless scattered holos the last couple of years, and eventually they all start looking alike. Do your own thing! whatever that may be.
(In case somebody is wondering, I picked this picture more or less completely randomly - I just was looking for something in my old pictures with an indie polish logo on it, and this was the first one I found!)

As best I can figure out, these are the indies I bought in 2013. The Chirality ones were first but the rest of these followed pretty shortly thereafter.
And I found this "tag" from Bonita Juanita on YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment