Wednesday, August 22, 2018

KBShimmer's bag of polishes

I have some new polishes from KBShimmer. As I'm writing this, the special that I got is still available, but it may end at any time. (added: As of Friday a.m., it seems to be gone.)

I got the impression that the quantity on this offer is limited by how many bags they have. The bag in question is a nice-sized, seemingly well-made multichrome cosmetic bag that looks like this:
(It doesn't look terribly multichrome in this picture, but it definitely is.) It's just big enough to hold six bottles of polish in their boxes, and that's what you get here. It's $49.95 including the bag. Most of their polishes are $10, I think, so compared to that you're getting a polish and the bag free, basically. I didn't have that many KBShimmer polishes so I grabbed the opportunity to expand my collection!

 I chose these six polishes - except for the two magnetics they're all from different collections, I believe:
  1. #squadghouls, from the collaboration collection last fall
  2. Band Geek, which is from a reissue collection called Throwback
  3. Cactus If You Can, from what I believe was last spring's collection, Wanderlust
  4. Carpe Denim, which I think is a core polish - it originally came out in fall 2015
  5. and then two from the Launch Party collection which are magnetic multichromes, Just a Phase and...
  6. Spaced Out

Here's my new wheel that I started for these - but I didn't have a magnet when I did these so you can't tell much about the two magnetics. I'll get better swatches of those later on.
Actually hopefully I'll get better swatches of a lot of these, because you can't see the glitter on several of them, either.

L-R: Cactus If You Can, Carpe Denim, #squadghouls, Band Geek

(I keep wanting to call that last one "Band Camp" instead of Band Geek. I guess I'm thinking about the movie American Pie there.)

Magnetics:
Spaced Out is the one that reads basically purple, and Just A Phase reads more or less as teal.


Here is Jess' review of the magnetics:




No comments:

Post a Comment