Sunday, August 19, 2018

Empties

Things I've used up:

Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel
I liked this, but it's too expensive ($54, exclusive to Sephora). I'm not buying it again. It didn't work any miracles that I could tell.

This was a sample but I really, really like this - Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer
I don't see that exact product, or perhaps they've just changed the name - here is the similar one at Sephora. (But huh, here it is on Amazon, for way cheaper, too. Wonder if this actually is the older product, and that's why it's cheaper. I may try it for that big of a discount.)

Then we get to the stuff you can buy at the grocery store:
I think I bought this Centrum from Amazon, too - the Women 50+ version. (I hate thinking of myself as a senior citizen, but hey, I should be accustomed to the fact by now that I am over 50.) And the 3-Minute Miracle I could have bought anywhere - I've had this for a while. I am this way with both shampoos and conditioners - I like to have more than one brand and alternate. So it takes me a while to use things up. (3-Minute Miracle is a great deal for the price, for sure. I don't think there's a good deep conditioner that's cheaper than this one.)

A restaurant near me gives out chocolate mints; I really love them and apparently they are not something you can buy just anywhere:
I finally bought this giant bag from candy.com, another one of those obvious websites that I never thought to look for. They are yummy. I bought these before the holidays last year and we put some in with gifts and stuff and it's still taken me all this time to use up what was left. (In fact, there's probably some still left around somewhere.)

Does anybody else shop at Aldi? They have all these weird brands, but most stuff seems to be really good quality and relatively cheap. They don't always keep exactly the same items in stock from one trip to the next, which makes it interesting to go there, kind of like a treasure hunt, some of the time! Anyway, these are the tortilla chips that I liked enough that I wanted to remember them:
They're thick, like the ones that restaurants use for nachos.

(I've been reminded lately how people who live in the Southwest tend to be really obsessive about Mexican food - all the way across from Texas to California. I got in a rather heated debate with somebody on Twitter the other day about whether burritos should come wrapped in foil. Where I live you can't really find them any other way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment