Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Topic Tuesday: top fall colors

This was last week's Topic Tuesday, but as usual, I'm a little behind. I wasn't sure I was going to get an entry up today at all, but then I swatched my KBShimmer magnetics, and that got me rolling, and I ended up digging out most of my fall polishes and doing some swatching. This is going to be kinda quick and dirty, but I know what my favorites are here - the examples are the part that may be a bit wonky.

Favorite fall colors:
  1. Copper & bronze - these are totally my favorites, especially copper. I'm going to go with the discontinued Spoiled Cougar Attack (silly name, I know) as my example.
  2. Dark browns - there are a lot of good ones. I prefer shimmers.
  3. Funky greens - I show China Glaze It's Alive below.
  4. Orange - I like red-orange rather than yellow-orange for my skin tone. The holo here is more on the yellow side but if you layer it over the Orly base it all somehow works. (Look at the month of October 17 if you want more examples - last year when the Astros were in the playoffs I wore orange for the entire month.)
  5. Deeper purples - grape colors are especially nice.
Oh, and I had a wheel already primed to go with black bases, so a number of these pictures are over black. I'm not sure any of these polishes are current but you should be able to find similar things.

Cougar Attack:

I've also got a swatch of Scrangie 2.0 which is sort of a weird bronze-ish oil-slick-ish color, so I'll add that here, too:
Although in this case I'm not sure what the heck would be similar.

Here's It's Alive (an old China Glaze):
This kind of thing is great, but just plain old olive green is fine, too. (I was thinking of KL Polish Chloe, which is a current color.)


No comments:

Post a Comment